Project Information and Updates:
- Click here for temporarily suspended projects
- U.S. 70 Improvements in James City: Planning and development is underway to improve traffic, access to local community services and enhance economic development on a 5.1 mile stretch of U.S. 70 from east of Thurman Road to the Neuse River Bridge in James City.
- Hwy 70 Corridor Improvements: Bring the highway up to interstate standards. Crews are widening shoulders, milling, and repaving the highway, which will be renamed Interstate 42. Here is a project update from 3/15/19.
- NC 43 Connector: NCDOT is proposing to construct the final phase of STIP Project No. R-4463. This phase includes construction of N.C. 43 between U.S. 17 Business (MLK Blvd) and existing N.C. 43, south of U.S. 70/U.S. 17 in Craven County. N.C. 43 will be constructed as a four-lane divided highway with a grass median.
- Havelock Bypass: Planning is underway to build a bypass on the southwest side of Havelock and US 70 beginning north of the Havelock city limit and extending south approximately 10 miles to north of the Craven-Carteret county line.
- Roundabout at NC-55/US 17/MLK/Broad
- Highway 17 widening North of Bridgeton to Antioch Rd - Temporarily Suspended
The NCDOT is updating its long-range transportation plan to help guide North Carolina’s future transportation policies and investments. The plan, called NC Moves 2050, provides a 30 year transportation blueprint for the state. The following are fact sheets on the different modes on transportation: